|microRNA (miRNA) inhibitors block miRNA regulation of target gene expression. They are designed and optimized for miRNA loss of function study. GeneCopoeia offers miArrest miRNA inhibitors as vector-based expression clones or synthetic oligonucleotides.
|Vector-based expression clones are available in lentiviral and non-viral vectors. miRNA inhibitor clones bind specifically to their target miRNAs allowing transient as well as stable suppression of the target gene. The choice of H1 or U6 promoter allows constitutive expression of inhibitors in virtually all types of mammalian cells.
- All known human, mouse and rat miRNAs in the miRBase covered.
Flexible delivery systems
- Lentiviral vectors allow efficient transduction and stable integration into the host genome of non-dividing and difficult to transfect cells target cells
- Non-viral vectors allow either transient or stable transfection
Advanced and reliable design
- Expression cassettes have been designed using a proprietary algorithm and tested rigorously by carefully designed experiments
- Superior potency, long lasting inhibition and extremely low cell toxicity compared to other chemically synthesized miRNA inhibitors (see table 1)
- Choices of H1 or U6 promoter allow constitutive expression of inhibitors in virtually all mammalian cell types.
- Quick and easy assay format
- High sample number compatible
|Synthetic 2′-OMe Inhibitors
|Delivery to resting and hard-to-transfect cells
Figure 2. Simplified mechanism of action for vector-based miRNA inhibitors
miRNA inhibitor constructs bind specifically to their target miRNA upon transduction into cells. The post-transcriptional processing causes formation of an entrapping structure that attracts and binds to two molecules of the intended miRNA.
This in turn prevents the binding of endogenous miRNA to target mRNA, thus inhibiting the effect of miRNA on target gene and facilitating enhanced target gene expression (figure 3).
A unique vector design ensures maximum inhibition with specificity and long-lasting stability while keeping off-target effects to a minimum.