- Advanced stability
The Luc-Pair™ Duo-Luciferase Assay Kit 2.0 has been improved upon from the Luc-Pair™ Duo-Luciferase Assay Kit. With enhanced stability, it provides a more flexible system in the same convenient 96-well plate format as before for measuring firefly and Renilla luciferases sequentially. Due to its enhanced stability, the Luc-Pair™ Duo-Luciferase Assay Kit 2.0 is the ideal solution for measuring the inhibitory effect of a miRNA on a target sequence.
- Enhanced stability
- Greater flexibility
- High sensitivity in a large dynamic range
- Great for any mammalian cell line
- Low background luminescence in the system
- Better reproducibility due to a longer lasting signal
- Simple to use and budget friendly
- Optimized for high-throughput screening
GeneCopoeia also offers the Luc-Pair™ Duo-Luciferase HS Assay Kit for applications requiring high sensitvity luciferase readings.
Applications and advantages
- High stability — Luciferase activity remains greater than 80% for 30 minutes after addition of the enzymatic substrates.
- Ideal for studying the interaction of precursor miRNA clones with miRNA 3' UTR target sequence clones
- Easy to use — less hands-on time and quick results
- Suitable for micro-plate format — save time and money
Figure 1. Stability of firefly luciferase and Renilla luciferase signals using GeneCopoeia (GCI) Luc-Pair Duo-Luciferase Assay Kit 2.0. HEK 293 cells were transfected with GeneCopoeia pEZX-MT06 miRNA reporter vector for 48 hours. A.) The FLuc and RLuc activity was measured as described in the procedure. B.)The Competitor’s dual-luciferase assay kit was used in comparison.
Figure 2. Linear relationship between emitted light and amount of luciferase expression vector transfected in HEK293. HEK 293 cells were transfected with GeneCopoeia pEZX-MT06 miRNA reporter vector for 48 hours. The FLuc (A) and RLuc (B) activities were measured in lysates from different numbers of cells after incubation for 3 min as described in the procedure.
- miTarget™ miRNA 3' UTR Target Clones
- Luc-Pair™ Duo-Luciferase HS Assay Kits (For High Sensitivity)
- Luc-Pair™ Firefly Luciferase HS Assay Kits
- Luc-Pair™ Renilla Luciferase HS Assay Kits
- Secrete-Pair™ Dual Luminescence Assay Kits
- Secrete-Pair™ Gaussia Luciferase Assay Kits
- EndoFection™ Transfection Reagents
- Pichler, M., et al. (2016). Genome-wide microRNA analysis identifies miR-188-3p as novel prognostic marker and molecular factor involved in colorectal carcinogenesis. American Association for Cancer Research doi: . [Luc-Pair™ Duo-Luciferase Assay Kit 2.0]
- Das, D.K., et al. (2016). miR-1207-3p regulates the androgen receptor in prostate cancer via FNDC1/fibronectin. Experimental Cell Research doi: 10.1016/j.yexcr.2016.09.021 [Luc-Pair™ Duo-Luciferase Assay Kit]
- Hsu, P.Y., et al. (2016). MicroRNA let-7g possesses a therapeutic potential for peripheral artery disease. Journal of Cellular and Molecular Medicine doi: 10.1111/jcmm.12997 [Luc-Pair™ miR luciferase assay kit]
- Baran-Gale, J., et al. (2016). An integrative transcriptomics approach identifies miR-503 as a candidate master regulator of the estrogen response in MCF-7 breast cancer cells. RNA doi: /10.1261/rna.056895.116. [Luc-Pair™ Duo-Luciferase Assay Kit]
- Khodayari, N., et al. (2016). MicroRNA-302b targets Mcl-1 and inhibits cell proliferation and induces apoptosis in malignant pleural mesothelioma cells. American Journal of Cancer Research 6, 1996. [Luc-Pair™ miR luciferase assay kit]
- Shyamasundar, S., et al. (2016. miR-93 inhibits the invasive potential of triple-negative breast cancer cells in vitro via protein kinase WNK1. International Journal of Oncology 10.3892/ijo.2016.3761 [Luc-Pair™ Duo-Luciferase Assay Kit]