Using a secreted and robust Gaussia Luciferase (GLuc) as the reporter, GeneCopoeia GLuc-ON™ promoter clones are designed for promoter analysis by detecting the real-time activities of over 20,000 human and 18,000 mouse promoters using live cell assays.
Each transfection-ready promoter clone contains a 1.2-1.5 kb insert, corresponding to the 5'-flanking promoter sequence located approximately 1.5 kb upstream and up to 200 bp downstream of the transcription start site (TSS) of a specific human gene. This insert is placed upstream of the GLuc reporter gene. Since the putative cis-acting enhancer elements are expected to exist in the cloned promoter region, the promoter luciferase activity observed during the reporter assay closely resembles the actual promoter regulation of these genes within human cells.
GLuc-ON promoter clones can be ordered as pre-designed or custom-built in one of our robust vector systems. Currently we offer both single-reporter and dual-reporter vector systems. The single-reporter system uses GLuc, mCherry, or GFP as the promoter reporter. The dual-reporter system uses GLuc as the promoter reporter and SEAP (secreted Alkaline Phosphatase) as the internal control for signal normalization.
Figure 1. How GLuc-ON promoter clones work.
Live cell assays
- Naturally secreted GLuc reporter
- No lysis of the cells is necessary
- Save samples, reduce variations, and simplify experiments for applications such as pulse chase analysis,etc.
- Data is generated quickly
- Closely resembles real-time activities
Dual secreted reporter system
- Secreted GLuc and SEAP
- Enables transfection-normalization for accurate across-sample comparison
- Group or pathway study compatible
- High sample number compatible
- GLuc is 1000-fold more sensitive than firefly or Renilla luciferase
- All promoter clones are transfection-ready
GLuc-ON promoter clones use a modified GLuc (mGLuc) as the reporter gene, which generates a highly stable signal and overcomes the quick signal decay commonly observed with humanized wild type GLuc (wtGLuc).
Figure 2. Signal stability of mGLuc (blue) and wtGLuc (red). Left: assay buffer with a stabilizer; Right: regular assay buffer (Secrete-Pair™ dual luminescence assay kit)
Dual-reporter vectors are available for the GLuc-ON promoter clones. The secondary reporter, secreted Alkaline Phosphatase (SEAP), serves as an internal control. The dual-reporter system enables transfection normalization for accurate cross-sample comparison.
|Vector||Reporter gene||Tracking gene||Selection marker||Vector type|
|pEZX-PG04**||Gaussia luciferase (GLuc)||Secreted alkaline phosphatase (SEAP)||Puromycin||Non-viral|
|pEZX-PG02**||Gaussia luciferase (GLuc)||N/A*||Puromycin||Non-viral|
|pEZX-LvPG04**||Gaussia luciferase (GLuc)||Secreted alkaline phosphatase (SEAP)||Puromycin||HIV Lentiviral|
|pEZX-LvPG02**||Gaussia luciferase (GLuc)||N/A*||Puromycin||HIV Lentiviral|
* A separate vector is available for SEAP expression.
** These Gaussia luciferase cloning vectors are available for purchase.
Control clones and SEAP expression clone
Tear Away License
Pre-designed promoter clones
Search over 20,000 human and 18,000 mouse pre-designed promoter reporter clones in your choice of vector.
GeneCopoeia offers lentivirus as a custom service.
Custom promoter clone services
Want to compare various length or regions of your promoter? You can custom-order them.
|GLuc-ON™ Promoter Reporter Clones Cancellation, QA, License, and Warranty|
- Secrete-Pair™ Dual Luminescence Assay Kit
- Genome-TALER™ TALE-TF Custom Services
- TF-Detect™ Human P53 Activity Assay Kit
- TF-Detect™ AP-1/c-Jun Activity Assay Kit
- MethylAffinity™ Methylated DNA Enrichment Kit
Promoter reporter clone publications
- Liao, BM. et al. (2016) Flavin-Containing Monooxygenase 3 Reduces Endoplasmic Reticulum Stress in Lipid-Treated Hepatocytes. Molecular Endocrinology,DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1210/me.2015-1217. [FMO3 promoter clone and secreted pair luciferase kit]
- Dougherty, E.J., et al. (2016). Mineralocorticoid Receptor (MR) Trans-Activation of Inflammatory AP-1 Signaling: Dependence on DNA Sequence, MR Conformation, and AP-1 Family Member Expression. The Journal of Biological Chemistry doi: 10.1074/jbc.M116.732248 [human XIRP1 promoter clone]
- Li, L., et al. (2016). Inhibition of EZH2 via activation of SAPK/JNK and reduction of p65 and DNMT1 as a novel mechanism in inhibition of human lung cancer cells by polyphyllin I. Journal of Experimental & Clinical Cancer Research doi: 10.1186/s13046-016-0388-x [EZH2 promoter-reporter clone]
- Mao, C., et al. (2016). Double-edged-sword effect of IL-1β on the osteogenesis of periodontal ligament stem cells via crosstalk between the NF-κB, MAPK and BMP/Smad signaling pathways. Cell Death and Disease doi: 10.1038/cddis.2016.204 [BMP2 promoter-reporter clone]
- Gujar, R., et al. (2016). c-Src Suppresses Dendritic Cell Antitumor Activity via T Cell Ig and Mucin Protein-3 Receptor. The Journal of Immunology doi: 10.4049/jimmunol.1600104 [mouse wild tyoe and mutant HAVCR2 promoter-reporter clones]
- Chen, J. et al. (2016). Vitamin D Deficiency Promotes Liver Tumor Growth in Transforming Growth Factor-β/Smad3-Deficient Mice Through Wnt and Toll-like Receptor 7 Pathway Modulation. Scientific Reports doi: 10.1038/srep30217 [TLR7 Promoter-reporter clone]
- Nakajima, S., et al. (2016). Fungal-derived neoechinulin B as a novel antagonist of liver X receptor, identified by chemical genetics using hepatitis C virus cell culture system . Journal of Virology doi: 10.1128/JVI.00856-16 [SCD-1 promoter reporter clone]
- Zhu, L., et al. (2016). Knockdown of Sall4 inhibits intrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma cell migration and invasion in ICC-9810 cells. OncoTargets and Therapy doi: 10.2147/OTT.S107214 [PTEN and Bmi-1 promoter clones]
- Rehman, M., et al. (2016). PlexinD1 Is a Novel Transcriptional Target and Effector of Notch Signaling in Cancer Cells. PLoS ONE doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0164660 [Hes1, PlexinD1promoter clones]
- Trueba-Saiz, A., et al. (2016). Circulating Insulin-like Growth Factor I Regulates Its Receptor in the Brain of Male Mice. Endocrinology doi: 10.1210/en.2016-1468 [IGF-IR promoter-Gaussia luciferase reporter lentiviral clone]
- Ashouri, A., et al. (2016). Pan-cancer transcriptomic analysis associates long non-coding RNAs with key mutational driver events. Nature Communications doi: 10.1038/ncomms13197 [Gaussia luciferase-Secreted alkaline phosphatase cloning vector pEZX-PG04]
- Chu, Q., et al. (2016). Extracellular serglycin upregulates the CD44 receptor in an autocrine manner to maintain self-renewal in nasopharyngeal carcinoma cells by reciprocally activating the MAPK/β-catenin axis. Cell Death and Disease doi: 10.1038/cddis.2016.287 [CD44 promoter-reporter clone]
- Natunen, T. et al. (2015) Relationship between ubiquilin-1 and BACE1 in human Alzheimer's disease and APdE9 transgenic mouse brain and cell-based models. Neurobiology of disease,DOI: 10.1016/j.nbd.2015.11.005. [human BACE1 containing endogenous 5′UTR, BACE1-Myc (human BACE1 with a CMV promoter and a 3′-myc-tag sequence producing BACE1 protein containing a myc tag in the C-terminus)]
- C Authors, R Trivedi . et al. (2015) JBC Papers in Press. Published on December 9, 2015 as Manuscript M115. 687152. JBC,http://www.jbc.org/cgi/doi/10.1074/jbc.M115.687152. [Runx2 promoter clones (Cat# MPRM13038)]
- Muralidharan, R. et al. (2015) HuR-targeted nanotherapy in combination with AMD3100 suppresses CXCR4 expression, cell growth, migration and invasion in lung cancer. Cancer Gene Therapy,ancer Gene Therapy (2015) 22, 581–590; doi:10.1038/cgt.2015.55. [Promotor reporter clone for CXCR4]
- Maeng, YS. et al. (2015) TGFBIp regulates differentiation of EPC (CD133+ C‐kit+ Lin‐cells) to EC through activation of the Notch signaling pathway. STEM CELLS,DOI: 10.1002/stem.2003. [pEZX-DLL1 pro- moter luciferase plasmids (-1.2 Kbp)]
- Li, C. et al. (2015) Noncanonical STAT3 Activation Regulates Excess TGF-β1 and Collagen I Expression in Muscle of Stricturing Crohn's Disease. The Journal of Immunology,doi: 10.4049/jimmunol.1401779. [promoter reporter clone for human TGFB1 (HPRM13178-PG04), EndoFectin Lenti transfection reagent (EFP1003)]
- Zhang , Z. et al. (2015) BET Bromodomain Inhibition as a Therapeutic Strategy in Ovarian Cancer by Downregulating FoxM1. Theranostics,doi:10.7150/thno.13178. [human FoxM1 promoter clone]
- Ryu , JM. et al. (2014) Autotaxin‐LPA Axis regulates hMSC migration by adherent junction disruption and cytoskeletal rearrangement via LPAR1/3‐dependent PKC/GSK3β/β‐catenin and PKC/Rho GTPase Pathways . STEM CELLS,DOI: 10.1002/stem.1882. [CDH-1 promoter construct]
- Zhang, H. et al. (2014) The critical role of myeloid-derived suppressor cells and FXR activation in immune-mediated liver injury. Journal of Autoimmunity, doi: 10.1016/j.jaut.2014.02.010. [MPRM11909-PG04]
- Rubie, C. et al. (2014) Chemokine receptor CCR6 expression is regulated by miR-518a-5p in colorectal cancer cells. Journal of translational medicine, 2014 Feb 21;12:48. doi: 10.1186/1479-5876-12-48.. [Luc CCR6 vector, Luc No CCR6 vector]
- Klimosch, SN. et al (2013) Functional TLR5 genetic variants affect human colorectal cancer survival. Cancer Research, 73(24); 7232–42.. [Promoter Reporter ( MYD88 and ACAA1)].
- Shen, Q. et al (2013) Adipocyte reporter assays: Application for identification of anti‐inflammatory and antioxidant properties of mangosteen xanthones. Molecular Nutrition & Food Research, DOI: 10.1002/mnfr.201300181. [Human Fabp4 promoter vector with eCFP reporter].
- Celardo, I. et al. (2013) Caspase-1 is a novel target of p63 in tumor suppression. Cell Death and Disease (2013) 4, e645; doi:10.1038/cddis.2013.175. [caspase-1 promoter plasmid in pEZX-PG02 vector].
- Zheng, H. et al. (2013) Glycogen synthase kinase-3 beta regulates Snail and β-catenin expression during Fas-induced epithelial–mesenchymal transition in gastrointestinal cancer. European Journal of Cancer, Available online 9 April 2013. [CDH1 promoter construct].
- Mills, L.D. et al. (2013) Loss of the Transcription Factor GLI1 Identifies a Signaling Network in the Tumor Microenvironment Mediating KRAS-Induced. Journal of Biological Chemistry, March 12, 2013, doi: 10.1074/jbc.M112.438846. [mouse SHH promoter clone].
- Schank, JR. et al (2013) Tacr1 Gene Variation and Neurokinin 1 Receptor Expression Is Associated with Antagonist Efficacy in Genetically Selected Alcohol-Preferring Rats. Biological Psychiatry Journal, PII: S0006-3223(13)00043-7, doi:10.1016/j.biopsych.2012.12.027. [custom Tacr1 promoter luciferase construct].
- Petrella, B. et al. (2012) Interleukin-1 beta and transforming growth factor-beta 3 cooperate to activate matrix metalloproteinase expression and invasiveness in A549 lung adenocarcinoma … Cancer Letters, Volume 325, Issue 2, 28 December 2012, Pages 220–226. [MMP10 promoter clone].