For high-throughput profiling of miRNA expression
MicroRNAs (miRNAs) are small non-coding RNAs that regulate gene expression at the post-transcriptional level. Usually 21-23 nucleotides in length, miRNAs are important modulators in cellular pathways and are highly conserved in eukaryotic organisms. Irregularities in miRNA-regulated gene expression have been found to be associated with cancers, cardiovascular disorders and a variety of other diseases.
The miProfile miRNA PCR Arrays are designed for profiling the expressions of pre-defined or customized sets of miRNAs in various tissues or cells. The resulting differential expressions of profiled miRNAs help researchers to identify those miRNAs that are of biological significance and importance relevant to their research. Each 96-well plate contains up to 84 pairs of PCR primers (forward: miRNA-specific primer; reverse: universal primer) and 12 wells of different types of controls, which are used to monitor the efficiency of the entire experimental process – from reverse transcription to qPCR reaction.
Each miRNA-specific primer used in the qPCR arrays has been experimentally validated to yield a single dissociation curve peak and to generate a single amplification of the correct size for the targeted miRNA. A cDNA pool, containing reverse transcript products of 10 different tissue total RNAs, was used as the qPCR validation template.
Using a universal real-time PCR condition, one can easily profile and analyze the miRNA expression in a high-throughput fashion.The All-in-One™ miRNA First-Strand cDNA Synthesis Kits and qPCR Mix Kits are the recommended and supported RT-PCR reagents for use with the miProfile miRNA qPCR arrays. These reagents have been optimized to produce high sensitivity, efficiency, and specificity.
Validated miRNA primers
- Each miRNA primer is designed using a proprietary algorithm and experimentally validated
- Sensitive – Detect miRNA from as little as 10 pg of small RNA or 20 pg of total RNA
- Specific – Be able to distinguish miRNAs with single nucleotide mismatches. Each primer set has been experimental validated for specific amplification
- Broad linearity– Allow miRNA at varieties of expression level to be detected simultaneously
- Reproducible – High reproducibility (R2>0.99) for inter-array and intra-array replicates
Genome-wide coverage, pre-arranged groups, or customized groups
- Largest genome-wide miRNA coverage
- Cancer-related groups
- Customized miRNA arrays for focused study
|Figure 1. miRNA PCR array experimental work flow (left) and miRNA RT-PCR mechanism (right).|
Linear Range and Sensitivity (Total RNA)
Figure 2. Broad linear range and high sensitivity
Figure 3. High inter-array reproducibility
Single Nucleotide Mismatches
Figure 4. Specificity of miRNA detection
miProfile™ Catalog miRNA qPCR Arrays
miProfile™ Catalog miRNA qPCR Arrays profile the expression of pre-selected miRNAs, such as the whole genome, cancer-related or disease-related miRNAs. The cancer-related or dissease-related miRNAs are carefully chosen for their close correlation with a specific cancer or disease based on a thorough literature search of peer-reviewed publications.
GeneCopoeia offer the following catalog miRNA qPCR arrays:
miProfile™ Custom miRNA qPCR Arrays
For expression profiling of custom-specified miRNAs
miProfile™ Custom miRNA qPCR Arrays profile the expression of customer specified miRNAs. Each primer is designed using a proprietary algorithm and has been experimentally validated. Depending on the number of miRNAs and replicates to be analyzed, GeneCopoeia offers 14 layouts to choose from, including 6 types with 96-well plate and 8 types with 384-well plate. Different controls can also be included in the arrays to help monitor the sample quality, RT and PCR reaction efficiencies and replicates reproducibility:
- Spike-in reverse transcription control (RT): monitors the efficiency of the RT reaction.
- Positive PCR control (PCR): verifies the PCR efficiency.
- Housekeeping genes (HK): can be used as endogenous positive controls and for array normalization.
- Negative controls(NC): can be used as negative PCR control.
For the best performance, All-in-One™ miRNA First-Strand cDNA Synthesis Kit and All-in-One™ qPCR Mix are the recommended and supported reagents for use with these arrays.
- Each primer is designed using a proprietary algorithm and has been experimentally validated
Flexible array design
- GeneCopoeia offers 14 layouts to choose from, including 6 types with 96-well plate and 8 types with 384-well plate.
- Sensitive – Detect miRNA from as little as 10 pg of small RNA or 20 pg of total RNA
- Specific – Be able to distinguish miRNAs with single nucleotide mismatches. Each primer has been experimental validated for specific amplification
- Broad linearity – Allow miRNA at varieties of expression level to be detected simultaneously
- Reproducible -High reproducibility (R2> 0.99) for inter-array and intra-array replicates
|Cat. No.||Product name||Species||Number of miRNAs||Number of plates||Document|
|PAM-CS96||miProfile™ miRNA qPCR arrays custom services||N/A||Variable||Variable||Variable|
cDNA Preparation and qPCR reaction
Validated qPCR primers
GeneCopoeia offers convenient analysis tool for catalog miRNA qPCR arrays, as well as custom services. According to the product name and catalog number, download the matched analysis tools from following table.
Analysis Tool for Catalog Arrays
Analysis Tool for Custom Arrays
- Seifer, B.J., et al (2016). Circulating miRNAs in Murine Experimental Endometriosis Decreased Abundance of let-7a. Reproductive Sciences doi: 10.1177/1933719116667228 [miR-532-3p, miR-501-3p, and miR-337 qPCR primers]
- Tan, Y., et al. (2016). MicroRNA-138 inhibits migration and invasion of non-small cell lung cancer cells by targeting LIMK1. Molecular Medicine Reports September 23, 2016 [human miRNA-138 qPCR primers]
- Zhang, Y., et al. (2016). Irisin Inhibits Atherosclerosis by Promoting Endothelial Proliferation Through microRNA126‐5p. Journal of the American Heart Association doi: 10.1161/JAHA.116.004031 [All-In-One™ miRNA qPCR Detection kit]
- Feng, W., et al. (2016). Decreased miR-28-5p contributes to glioma progression and promotes glioma cell proliferation, migration and invasion. Int J Clin Exp Pathol 9, 9667 [All-In-One™ miRNA qPCR Detection kit]
- Wu, X.Y., et al (2016). MiR-32 induces radio-resistance by targeting DOC-2/DAB2 interactive protein and regulating autophagy in gastric carcinoma. Int J Clin Exp Pathol 9, 8933 [human [hsa-miR-32- 5p qPCR primers]
- Zhu, J.Y., et al. (2016). Characterization of microparticles in patients with venous malformations of the head and neck. Oral Diseases doi: 10.1111/odi.12585 [miRNA qPCR primers]
- Zhao, M., et al. (2016). Suppressive Role of MicroRNA-148a in Cell Proliferation and Invasion in Ovarian Cancer Through Targeting Transforming Growth Factor-β-Induced. Oncology Research doi: 10.3727/096504016X14685034103275 [All-In-One™ miRNA qPCR Detection kit]
- Zhang, R., et al. (2016). MALAT1 Long Non-coding RNA Expression in Thyroid Tissues: Analysis by In Situ Hybridization and Real-Time PCR. Endocrine Pathology doi: 10.1007/s12022-016-9453-4 [All-In-One™ miRNA qPCR Detection kit]
- Zhang, H.B., et al. (2016). miR-143 suppresses the proliferation of NSCLC cells by inhibiting the epidermal growth factor receptor. Experimental and Therapeutic Medicine doi: 10.3892/etm.2016.3555 [All-In-One™ miRNA qPCR Detection kit]
- Chen, M., et al. (2016). miR-26b suppresses tumor proliferation and metastasis by targeting matrix metalloproteinases 14 in neuroblastoma. Int J Clin Exp Pathol 9, 6945 [miR-26b qPCR primers]
- Sun, X.F., et al. (2016). MicroRNA-27b exerts an oncogenic function by targeting Fbxw7 in human hepatocellular carcinoma. Tumor Biology doi: 10.1007/s13277-016-5444-9 [miR-27b qPCR primers]
- Ning, Z.W., et al. (2016). MicroRNA-21 Mediates Angiotensin II-Induced Liver Fibrosis by Activating NLRP3 Inflammasome/IL-1β Axis via Targeting Smad7 and Spry1. Antioxidants & Redox Signaling doi: 10.1089/ars.2016.6669 [mir-21 qPCR primers]
- Zhou, J., et al. (2016). MiR-193a-5p Targets the Coding Region of AP-2αRNA and Induces Cisplatin Resistance in Bladder Cancers. Journal of Cancer doi: 10.7150/jca.15620 [miRNA-193a-5p qPCR primers; All-In-One™ miRNA qPCR Detection kit]
- Liang, S., et al. (2016). Increased Serum Level of MicroRNA-663 Is Correlated with Poor Prognosis of Patients with Nasopharyngeal Carcinoma. Disease Markers doi: 10.1155/2016/7648215 [All-In-One™ miRNA qPCR Detection kit]
- Wang, L., et al. (2016). miR-296 inhibits proliferation and induces apoptosis by targeting FGFR1 in human hepatocellular carcinoma, FEBS Letters doi: 10.1002/1873-3468.12442. [miR-296 qPCR primers]
- Zuo, et al. (2016). Atorvastatin Protects Myocardium Against Ischemia-Reperfusion Injury Through Inhibiting miR-199a-5p, Cellular Physiology and Biochemistry doi: 10.1159/000447809 [mo-miR-199a-5p qPCR primers]
- Yang, X., et al. (2016). MicroRNA-133b inhibits the migration and invasion of non small cell lung cancer cells via targeting FSCN1. Oncology Letters doi: 10.3892/ol.2016.5044 [All-In-One™ miRNA qPCR Detection kit]
- Zhang, P., et al. (2016). MiR-633 promotes cell proliferation and differentiation by targeting MEPE in human adult dental pulp stem cells. Int J Clin Exp Pathol 2016;9(8):8066-8074 [miR-633 qPCR primers]
- He, X., et al. (2016). MiR-141 inhibits colorectal cancer cell proliferation and invasion by targeting PRKAR1A. Int J Clin Exp Pathol 2016;9(8):8142-8151. [miRNA-141 qPCR primers]
- Shi, J., et al. (2016). Comprehensive profiling and characterization of cellular miRNAs in response to hepatitis A virus infection in human fibroblasts. Infection, Genetics and Evolution doi: 10.1016/j.meegid.2016.08.035 [All-In-One™ miRNA qPCR Detection kit]
- Zheng, Y., et al. (2016). Effects of β-diketone antibiotics on F1-zebrafish (Danio rerio) based on high throughput miRNA sequencing under exposure to parents. Chemosphere doi: 10.1016/j.chemosphere.2016.07.057 [All-In-One™ miRNA qPCR Detection kit]
- Li, Y., et al. (2016). MicroRNA-520c enhances cell proliferation, migration and invasion by suppressing IRF2 in gastric cancer. FEBS Open Bio doi: 10.1002/2211-5463.12142 [miR-520c qPCR primers]
- Kang, C.M., et al. (2016). Long non-coding RNA RP5-833A20.1 inhibits proliferation, metastasis and cell cycle progression by suppressing the expression of NFIA in U251 cells. Molecular Medicine Reports doi: 10.3892/mmr.2016.5854 [All-In-One™ miRNA qPCR Detection kit]
- Lai, X., et al. (2016). Downregulation of microRNA‑574 in cancer stem cells causes recurrence of prostate cancer via targeting REL. Oncology Reports doi: 10.3892/or.2016.5196 [miRNA Q PCR detec tion kit]
- Jin, X, et al. (2016). miRNA profiling in the mice in response to Echinococcus multilocularis infection. Acta Tropica doi: 10.1016/j.actatropica.2016.10.024 [All-In-One™ miRNA qPCR Mix]
- Wang, C., et al. (2016). miR-146a-5p mediates epithelial–mesenchymal transition of oesophageal squamous cell carcinoma via targeting Notch2. British Journal of Cancer doi: [All-In-One™ miRNA qPCR Mix]
- Gao, C. e.t al. (2016). MiRNA expression profiles in the brains of mice infected with scrapie agents 139A, ME7 and S15. Emerging Microbes & INfections doi: 10.1038/emi.2016.120 [All-In-One™ miRNA qPCR Mix]