MethylAffinity™ Methylated DNA enrichment kit provides a GCM™ bead-based method for quick enrichment of methylated DNA fragments from whole genome. The enriched sample improves the performance of downstream analysis, such as RT-PCR, microarray and sequencing for methylation status and location studies.
The genetically engineered GCM recombinant protein is designed based on the functional domain of methyl binding domain (MBD) proteins. It binds specifically to double-stranded DNA containing methylated CpG dinucleotides and has much higher affinity and specificity than any wild-type MBDs.
Fewer steps and less time
- Whole process takes < 2 hours
- Immobilized GCM magenta beads are provided. No need to perform beads-protein coupling reaction.
- GCM captures double-stranded methylated DNA, which simplifies genomic sample preparation and downstream analysis.
- Rapid elution with salt.
- Higher affinity than other commercially available MBD proteins.
- Be able to isolate DNA fragments which contain only a few copies of methylated CpG dinucleotides.
- Be able to enrich methylated DNA from nanograms of genomic DNA sample.
Gradient elution option
- For precise study of methylation status, salt gradient elution can be used to fractionate DNA fragments based on methylated-CpG density.
- Vivid magenta color makes the beads easy to spot, thus greatly reduces the risk of incidental beads loss.
- Restriction enzymes are provided in the kit for genomic DNA fragmentation.