1. Technical Support Specialist
Do you want to contribute your knowledge and abilities to the genomics revolution but feel that the research lab is not where your heart lies? We are looking for a Technical Support Specialist who will work outside the lab as a liaison between the company and scientists by providing pre- and post-sale technical support for all GeneCopoeia products.
- Function as a contact for company inside sales of genomics and proteomics products and services to customers in academic and government research institutes as well as pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries.
- Provide pre-sale consultation and post-sale technical assistance for vector-based full length ORF cDNA clones, lentivirus, RNAi, qRT-PCR expression profiling, genomic editing, custom cloning, and other related products and services.
- Help with the interpretation and analysis of customer data, suggest technical tips, and provide troubleshooting protocols for using company products.
- Assist in management of production team with respect to customer orders and quality assurance/control of company products.
- Participate in marketing team meetings and provide input regarding customer feedback, website content, sales analysis, marketing strategy, etc.
- Attend tradeshow meetings such ASCB, AACR, EB, and SFN to represent company and assist with lead generation.
- A MS or PhD degree and a minimum of 2 to 4 years of laboratory experience in the life sciences.
- Experience/knowledge in cloning, gene expression profiling (RNAi, real-time qPCR, arrays), cell/molecular biology, immunology, and/or protein biochemistry is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate, both orally and in writing, to customers and colleagues.
- Proven ability to quickly learn new and complex technical information.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and good problem-solving skills.
- Strong computer literacy and proficiency, including spreadsheet, word processing, internet applications, bioinformatics databases and data analysis (Genome Browser, NCBI/BLAST, Sequencher, etc.).
- Prior experience in customer service preferred.
Join our team and work in the exciting field of genomics and proteomics technologies! Interested applicants should sent a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Product Manager
We are seeking a highly motivated and qualified candidate to fill the following vacant position.
- Work in a cross-functional team setting. Collaborate with R&D, production, sales, marketing communication, tech support and other departments to launch new products, manage existing products, promote and grow assigned product lines.
- Develop deep understanding of market needs, competition, product features and applications, as well as related technologies for the assigned product lines.
- Participate in new product development. Communicate unmet user needs, product definition, QC and other product requirements to guide the product team for quick and effective product development.
- Conduct market research to identify unmet needs, competitor info, market trend to provide input in assessing new product ideas and market opportunities.
- Launch new products. Define product positioning. Create product website, product profile, datasheet, user manual and other marketing materials. Create product name, brand, catalog numbers and determine product pricing.
- Manage existing products. Improve product features, qualities, competitive pricing, and user manual to better meet customer needs. Identify growth opportunities for product line expansion.
- Provide product trainings to sales team on product application, benefit, pricing structure, competition, contract terms and sales pitch and strategy.
- Work with marketing communication to conduct campaigns to create awareness, brand recognition, and generate sales leads.
- Monitor product sales for sales projection and business decision making.
- Monitor product quality and production-related issues. Support technical services and sales team to resolve these issues on a timely manner.
- Participate in company marketing and business strategy development and planning.
- M.S. or Ph.D. in the fields of life sciences. Molecular biology background preferred.
- Technically savvy, good business sense, customer oriented, and strong multitasking and project management skills.
- Enjoy the combination of business and science.
- A proactive attitude with willingness to learn and grow with the company.
- Previous marketing, sales, tech support or application experience preferred.
- Previous laboratory in the biological and biomedical research field is highly desirable.
- Demonstrates creativity as well as strategic and analytical thinking skills.
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Organized, detail-oriented, and a fast learner.
- Strong interpersonal and team work skills
- Self-starter and entrepreneur spirit
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal and problem solving skills.
3. Inside Sales Representative
We are seeking for a highly motivated and qualified Inside Sales Representative, who will work as a team member within the sales/marketing group to help grow and expand our business and customer base.
Inside sales responsibilities:
- Answer and follow up with customer inquiries, determine customer needs and recommend specific products and solutions
- Generate new and repeat sales by providing product and technical information in a timely manner
- Proactively recommend items needed by customers to increase customer satisfaction and transaction profitability
- Increase sales by means of cross-selling, up-selling, and promotional item offering
- Contact customers proactively following sales to ensure ongoing customer satisfaction, collect valuable feedback and resolve potential issues
- Maintain and build new customer relationships by visiting local accounts onsite and attending tradeshows
- Maintain updated customer and sales activities in CRM
- Present a professional image to customers at all time
- Manage time and work effectively, be able to multitasking
- Assist other sales, marketing, tech support activities as needed
- BS or higher in Molecular Biology, Cell Biology or related life science
- 1-2 years of sales/marketing/tech support/account management experience
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Customer-oriented, demonstrated ability in customer services and sales position
- Team player, strong interpersonal skills
- Highly motivated, entrepreneur-spirited and comfortable in a dynamic environment
4. Research Associate
We are seeking a highly motivated and qualified research associate who will perform various general laboratory work and tasks under the guidance and supervision of senior scientists.
- Molecular cloning.
- Nucleic acid preparation and manipulation.
- Cell and tissue culture.
- Protein biochemistry
- RT-PCR analysis.
- General lab maintenance.
- A Bachelors Degree in biology or related discipline or equivalent in education.
- Three to five years of relevant experience.
- Able to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills.
- Strong attention-to-detail.
- Strong computer skills, such as Microsoft Outlook and Excel.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
We're offering positions with significant potential for growth and a comprehensive benefit package. Salary is commensurate with experience. Please send your resume with cover letter to email@example.com for consideration.
We are an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive workplace.